At the 5th May 2011 election, the SNP won a majority of seats in the Scottish Parliament & Alex Salmond was re-elected as First Minister.
- The Minister for Energy, Enterprise and Tourism is Fergus Ewing
- The Minister for Environment and Climate Change is Stewart Stevenson
Post-election, locally - some continuity and some changes affecting Leith:
- Malcom Chisholm (Labour) stays as MSP for Edinburgh North and Leith.
- Kenny MacAskill (SNP) stays for Edinburgh East.
- Marco Biagi (SNP) replaces Sarah Boyack (Lab) in Edinburgh Central.
All three are on record as being against the Leith Biomass plant
- The new 'Regional List' MSPs are:
Sarah Boyack (Lab); Gavin Brown (Con); Kezia Dugdale (Lab); Neil
Findlay (Lab); Alison Johnstone (Green); Margo MacDonald (Ind);
David McLetchie (Con)